#729 - You Want To Change? How To Tell If You Are Actually Ready! (REBROADCAST)
For many people who are stuck, pain is what drives them to seek change. It could be a toxic relationship or yet another holiday spent alone. Maybe it’s wanting to finally escape not feeling good enough. But when anger and frustration are your only motivators, change isn’t very effective… and it doesn’t last. Especially if you’re changing yourself just to get someone else to change. Instead, you need to know why you’re not where you want to be, and have a deep desire to grow your self value.
When you complain, blame and compare yourself to others, fear is running the show. And wanting to run away is often a sign that you need to stand still. In this week’s episode, I’ll share different questions you can ask yourself to evaluate your readiness for change. If you’re not there yet, that’s ok! Accepting where you are is an important first step. Once you are clear on what you want to change and why, you can start taking action in that direction. And THAT’S when meaningful change happens because there is a big difference between moving toward something you want, and moving away from something you don’t want.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll uncover in this episode:
- [00:03:20] Understand the pitfalls of seeking external solutions and why self-awareness is crucial before you decide to change.
- [00:10:37] Discover why belief in your ability to transform is a game-changer for initiating change.
- [00:11:31] Find out why bartering for services might not be in your best interest and how it reflects your self-value.
- [00:18:46] Hear about the struggle with change and control, and why letting go is essential for true transformation.
- [00:20:25] Learn the importance of being genuinely ready for change and what happens if you seek help too soon.
- [00:21:17] Realize the role of self-awareness in your transformation journey.
- [00:25:00] Understand why accepting yourself and taking responsibility are key steps in your transformation.
- [00:30:02] Discover how willingness and self-responsibility are common traits among those who successfully overcome their problems.
- [00:31:05] Listen to a personal journey of transformation that involved overcoming blame, vulnerability, and pre-judgment.
- [00:33:40] Learn how to break patterns of insecure attachment and take action to achieve a new level of happiness.
RELATED EPISODES MENTIONED:
Join my FREE FB Group for free monthly challenges and ongoing support from me and my coaches
Download a free chapter of my book
Receive my Freedom From Insecure Attachment Toolkit to discover how to easily have the relationship YOU want
Sick of being insecurely attached? Click here to get my free meditative insecure attachment release
Also Listen On:
If you’re ready to change the cycle of never-ending suffering, let’s see how I can help you! You can schedule a Discovery Session by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.